After a not-so-great last couple of weeks, I have decided that I am going back to basics for the month of August. I asked my challenge group some questions that I am now going to answer for myself…
1. I want you to really think about this one… WHY do you want to lose weight? Is it to get some better test results from your doctor? To keep up with your kiddos? Or are you maybe not even trying to lose weight but are just on a path to a healthier lifestyle? Whatever your reason, I want to you post it on here. If you have three reasons, post all three!
I want to feel better about myself… I haven’t been doing too great lately and I really want to kick the “old me” in the butt for trying to creep back in! I am feeling lazy and exhausted and honestly, fat… I need to break through this junk that’s tying me down!
2. What are your goals this month? Do you want to get more definition in your arms? Lose an inch from your waist? Lose ten pounds? (I would not recommend that, by the way!) Go ahead and post your goals too!
I want to lose inches everywhere… But especially from my waist. If I could lose 1-2″ from there this month, I would be ecstatic! And I want my clothes to fit better and stop feeling insanely tight! I would be extremely happy with losing 5 pounds, but am more focused on the other things.
3. Tell us what your workouts are going to look like for this month! In fact, I would highly recommend writing them out on a calendar because it really helps to remind you of what you have committed to doing.
My original plan was to do TurboFire, but I can’t do that until I can afford new workout shoes. So I am going back to ChaLEAN Extreme. I’m also doing the Ab challenge and will be walking or running every day. Yep, it’s going to be a HUGE month!
4. I want everyone to take pictures and measurements within the next couple of days. I think it is so easy at times to get completely wrapped up in what the scale is saying when, in fact, our bodies can change so much when the scale is not budging an ounce.
I took my measurements and weighed myself yesterday morning… Pictures will probably have to wait until tomorrow. It was hard to do it, but I had to hold myself accountable. I’ve done a LOT of damage in the past month. I now weigh 170.4, which is a number I haven’t seen in over a year. It actually makes me sick to my stomach. Yep, I am kicking my butt this month!
5. Ab challenge! I’d love it if everyone would participate in the Ab challenge I am going to be posting, but I understand if you’re unable to or not interested. Just please let me know if you’re joining in!
I am obviously IN for the Ab challenge!
6. Mini challenges! I have decided that we should have some mini challenges, which will just last for a week! Week 1, August 1-7 — Drink your water!! Take your weight (in pounds) and divide it in half… That is your new goal for the minimum number of ounces you should be drinking. Try to check in daily to let us know how you’re doing on this!
Technically, I should be drinking 85 ounces a day. But I am shooting for 96… It’s easier for me to track with my water bottle!
7. Set up a reward for yourself. This one is important, in my opinion. When I first started out on my journey, I set up about 20 mini-goals for myself and, when I would reach one, I would reward myself. It was usually something small that I don’t normally treat myself to, like nail polish or makeup. I recently realized that, because I started building major muscle and stopped losing much weight, I haven’t rewarded myself for a YEAR. That is entirely TOO LONG. So I will be rewarding myself at the end of this month for sticking with my plans. I really encourage you all to do this too. And post in here what your reward will be, so we can keep reminding you!
My reward… Since I have set up such a huge month for myself with how many minutes and miles I’ll be doing, I’ve decided that I deserve a bigger reward. I’ve said for a while now that I wanted to get a new tattoo at the “end” of my weight-loss journey. Well, I’m not as sure about that now, but I definitely want to do a test-run with a henna tattoo. So that is what my reward will be… A henna tattoo, designed by me!
So that is that! In addition to these things, I am also doing a study of the book “Made to Crave” by Lysa Ter with some ladies from my church. I read this book when I first started my weight-loss journey and it helped me immensely at that point. I really need it now!
I am soooo ready for this month to be AWESOME!!