Before I get into how my weigh-in went this week, I need to address my weekly questions that I am asking myself…
1. Did I overeat this week on any day? Nope! I did really good. I am even still holding strong in my “no sweets”. Today is day TWENTY and I have been able to avoid many temptations, thanks to God! I even felt strong enough yesterday to buy a treat for Zeeva and Thomas at a bake sale and have it in the house all day, without taking a single bite. Tomorrow is my halfway point in my challenge to myself, and I am totally not sweating it right now.
2. Did I move more and exercise regularly? No! I have been horrible about exercise! I need to get back in the game but it has been so incredibly HOT and I have been really busy. Excuses, excuses, I know!
3. Did I eat in secret or out of anger or frustration? Nope!
4. Did I feel, at any time, that I ran to food instead of God? No. This is something that I am truly striving to do.
5. Before I hopped on the scale, did I feel that I had a successful, God-pleasing week? I think God is happy with the progress that I have made this week!
So now, on to the results… Drumroll please… I lost another 1.8 pounds this week! That is 3.8 pounds total in the past three weeks, all “just” from eating better! And eating MORE calories that I used to! I am telling you, if you are struggling with a plateau, do not force yourself to eat even less calories… You are not eating enough!! If you do not believe me, just ask and I will send you some links to check out. This 1.8 pounds also puts me back over the 50-pounds-lost mark, which makes me feel better!
My goals for this week are simple… Keep on keeping on! Keep on doing great with the food and add some movement in somewhere! Next week is measurements too, which has me slightly nervous, only because I have not been exercising and I feel big right now. But I am sure the nervousness is just silly!