I cannot believe that I forgot, but yesterday was my two-year anniversary of starting my weight-loss journey! Wow… I cannot believe that much time has gone by already. Honestly, I thought I would be at my “goal weight” by now. But I actually currently weight about ten pounds more than I did at this point last year. I am mostly okay with that… I think I needed to stumble a bit to learn some more things about myself. And I am absolutely back on track with my eating. And today is the day that I get back on track with my exercise! I have come way too far to give up now. And, honestly, I LIKE having some tone and muscles, so I need to workout to keep them!
Now, on to Weigh-In Monday. I know, I know, I know… I said I was not going to be weighing myself for now. But it felt like the right thing to do this morning. So, as long as I am feeling strong, I am going to weigh myself once a week.
Here is the cool thing… I have officially lost two pounds in the past twelve days… While eating MORE calories than I have ever allowed myself while on my weight-loss journey! I am currently eating around 2,100 calories a day. I am so excited to see that “Eating the Food” really does work! Here are my weekly questions to go with my weigh-in days:
1. Did I overeat this week on any day? No. I was slightly more lenient this weekend and even allowed myself one “cheat meal” on Friday (homemade pizza), but I was very controlled and was even able to stick to not eating sweets when faced with a platter of buckeyes all day yesterday! That is a definitely WIN in my book!
2. Did I move more and exercise regularly? No. I need to get back in the groove of working out. I am definitely going to work on that this week.
3. Did I eat in secret or out of anger or frustration? Nope!
4. Did I feel, at any time, that I ran to food instead of God? No. This is something that I am truly striving to do.
5. Before I hopped on the scale, did I feel that I had a successful, God-pleasing week? I think God is happy with the progress that I have made this week!
Now, I am posting this picture to remind myself of how very far I have come. The picture on the left is my “starting picture”… But it was actually taken after I had already lost ten pounds! I do not have a true starting picture. (If you are just starting out your journey, I would HIGHLY recommend you get starting pictures from all angles… It sucks to start wi but you will soon thank yourself!) The picture on the right is actually from about a month ago. I should take one right now, but I just know it will not be happening this week. So this will have to do!
Do I have issues I still need to work out? Sure. Do I have areas of my body I still want major changes in? Absolutely! But I am a completely different person now than I once was and that alone is worth everything. I am staying strong in being healthy… And I highly encourage you to join me!