I know I already posted once today (and, if you haven’t read that post, I highly recommend reading it before this one… you can find it here), but I just had to write about this. In my last post, I wrote about being disappointed with my results for the month of November. I also wrote about my plan of attack for the month of December. My sister, Holly, sent me a message that really got me thinking about some things…
Way to go with acknowledging disappointment and then going straight into developing goals so in the future you don’t have the same results! Definitely the way to handle it! Also I would encourage you, since you have your new goals and are set to go for December, to not dwell on November at all… it is in the past and your whole future is what matters now. One not so great month out of this entire journey you are taking means very little. So I guess I am saying just make sure to keep your focus on the bigger picture.
I think she completely hit the nail on the head! I have said all along that I want to focus on the small victories instead of getting bogged down with thinking how much further I still have to go, which I definitely think is the way to go. The problem with that, however, is that it can make it easier to also focus on the disappointments… which is definitely NOT something I want to do. So, right now, I am going to celebrate my victories!
- I lost 2.4 pounds in November… I know I wanted to lose more, but a loss is a loss is a loss! And that is almost as much as I lost during all of June, July, and August COMBINED!
- I have now lost a total of 22.4 pounds… that is more than 10% of my starting weight! It is also more than my 13-month-old daughter currently weighs, which is a really funny perspective.
- I have lost 14.5 INCHES from my body since I first measured in July!! And when I focus on the specific areas where I have lost the most, it is even more exciting to me: 2.75″ from my waist, 1.75″ from my thigh, 1.5″ from my calf, and FOUR INCHES from my hips!
- I can see the differences now in photos. I have even started noticing some things when I look in the mirror, which is a huge step for me. And I definitely can feel the difference.
- My clothes fit so much better now… in fact, my pants are basically falling off of me! I am probably going to have to break down and buy some new pants soon.
- I no longer crave sweets even remotely like I used to. Yes, I still allow myself to have a dessert every now and then. But I have not once broken down and gone out at 10 pm just to get something sweet to eat. And Ben & Jerry’s still does not call my name when I walk down the grocery store aisles like it used to! ;o)
I am choosing to focus on all these victories… I will not let any disappointments pull me down. A huge THANK YOU to Holly for believing in me and reminding me that I am in this for the rest of my life… one month, one day, one disappointment does not amount to much in the long run!